Friday, July 17, 2009

Creativity

Believe it or not, I have taken some time in the past month or so to do a little crafting. Following is a pic of a shower card I made for our cousin Shelly (who recently welcomed her own little cowboy into the family!) Steve came up with the idea of displaying the card with our little guy's rope:

This card is one I made for a co-worker who recently retired. I'm not really crazy about putting my own handwriting on a card - especially on the front - but I didn't have anything else that would work. I don't think it turned out too bad:

I have a craft room full of fun papers, embellishments, ribbons, stickers, die cuts, etc. that I love to play around with. But sometimes I find myself in a last-minute situation and end up buying (horror!) a card from the store. I know that in the coming months my time will be well-taken over by little guy, so I am hoping to crack open the door of the craft room to throw together a bunch of all-occasion cards. However...if I don't get it done, I hope you'll forgive me if someday you receive a store bought card from me. :-)

No comments: