Friday, August 7, 2009

Week 39

I can hardly believe that we are in the final stretch of the pregnancy! Little Guy will make his appearance any day...well...could be any hour now! Though Steve and I are both a bit nervous, we are anxiously awaiting his arrival.
Wednesday was my last day at work until October! That sounds crazy to me! I'm trying to take it easy, but also take care of a few things around the house, make last minute runs to Target & HyVee, etc.
We had my last weekly doctor's appointment on Thursday. As of the appointment, I was dialated to about 1-2 cm. I can definitely feel that baby has started his move downward, so we're on our way!
I can't believe how fortunate we've been with the weather so far this summer! It's barely gotten above 85 degrees. Last night we took advantage of the cooler weather & decided to go for a walk. Steve and I headed down the street to check out the road construction & construction of the aquatic center (for those of you from FD - we could see 2 big holes in the ground & what looks like the beginning of a lazy river!). The hottest days of summer are ahead of us this weekend. Hopefully I'll be spending my time in an air conditioned hosptial room. However, if Little Guy does not decide to make his appearance by Wednesday, 8/12, my doctor will induce labor. Hopefully it will not come to that...but at least we have an end in sight!

Following are a few pictures of Kersee & Belle. They LOVE peanut butter! So when we're at the end of a jar, we'll save them until we have 2 so that we can give each dog their own jar to clean out. It's funny to watch them try to get their tongues as far into the jar as possible. Belle can typically clean out her jar...and then she'll grab Kersee's when he's finished & clean it out too!


2 comments:

The Currys said...

I am so glad everything is going well for you. If your nose is itching later, we are probably talking about you with our friends at dinner tonight, I am getting a little excited myself. Looking forward to pictures of the baby!

Becky (Pammenter) Wilkinson said...

How exciting, you will have to make sure and post a few pics. I had both of my girls 1 week early, so I can only imagine your excitement. Enjoy your last hours of just the 2 of you, but most of all best wishes to the THREE of you!!! YEAH!!!!