Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lovely Iowa Snow & Ice

(FYI - I started this post a few weeks ago & updated and finished it up 1/25/10)

Of course, when I write the title to this entry using the word "Lovely", I'm being sarcastic and can think of many other words I probably shouldn't use on a blog I know my 2 moms read regularly!
For those of you who haven't heard, on 12/30 I slipped on the ice & broke my wrist in 3 places. On New Years Eve I underwent a procedure where an ortho doc manipulated the bones in my wrist back into place & placed a temp cast on my arm from knuckles to elbow in hopes that the bones will fuse back together without having to have it done surgically. Since then I have had a cast put on that I will have to endure until at least 2/12. What a wonderful birthday gift it would be if I'm able to have it removed on that day!

As for Garrett, I'm not able to do much to help him out. Fortunately I have been blessed with an understanding husband who has been doing an excellent job of taking care of us both. The hardest part has been that I am not able to cuddle and play with Garrett as I used to...but hopefully the cast weeks will go by fast.

Here are some pics of the storm from 1/8/10
Our back door - on the second level of the house
Behind the garage
A skid loader clearing our driveway
Our neighbor's driveway

We are currently in the middle of another blizzard - which means another snow day at home. The days off are nice...but I'm ready to be beyond the snow & ice.

No comments: