Monday, November 15, 2010

A New Kitchen

I've been trying to figure out how to create a diversion for Garrett - other than television - to keep him busy while I fix dinner in the evenings. I got to thinking about the toy kitchen set at Grandma Jackson's, and the many occasions I witnessed the nieces and nephews contentedly playing with it. So I was excited to come across a toy kitchen set for only $29.99 at the local Aldi Supermarket! I thought, "What a GREAT DEAL!"

Well...I soon discovered the reason for the low price. The box contained about 150 pieces to be put together with screws and snaps. Below is just a fraction of the pieces that had to be cut apart, and then puzzle-fitted back together...

...but it turns out all the sweat & frustration was worth it! Garrett LOVES his new kitchen! He enjoys opening/closing the doors, and playing with the dishes. Plus - it's a corner-style, and fits right in our "real" kitchen! I don't think he really gets the concept of it being a kitchen like mommy's...but it keeps him busy, and that's all I need!


1 comment: