Monday, February 2, 2009

Start of 2nd Trimester

I don't have any new baby news to report. All is still going well. Tuesday will be the start of my week 14, which means I am officially starting my 2nd trimester. I can definitely tell that I am getting my energy back. I actually stayed up until 10:45 last night! (versus my typical 9:30 bedtime these past few months)

On Saturday, Steve and I traveled to Des Moines to do some looking around Babies R Us. It was mind boggling, seeing all of the different items there are in that store! Who knew there were enough different types of pacifiers to take up one entire side of an aisle! Ha! We did find some things we like, including a crib and changing table. We didn't buy anything yet since we haven't even started clearing out the baby's room. I think that will be a Spring Break project next month if anyone would like to come help us paint! It was fun trying out the different strollers - but also very confusing! It seems like every brand is completely different, with different buttons, levers and gizmos that keep baby strapped in tight! After giving the different brands a try, (and after Steve nearly broke one right in front of the saleslady) we found that our favorite is made by a company called Chicco. All in all, it was a fun day, and we were able to start a list of things that we like, along with things we'll know to avoid, for when we start to get ready for baby.

I don't have any baby pictures to share...so I thought I'd share some pictures from the Jackson Christmas...Here's a picture of me and my niece Ashlyn (taken by my niece Courtney). Can you believe this is the same almost-three-year-old flower girl from our wedding 11 1/2 years ago?It's amazing to look at our family picture every year and see how much all the kids have grown (especially the 2 boys in the back...I don't know what they are standing on, but their uncle Darren is no match for them on his tip-toes in this picture! Ha!) It is exciting to add a few new faces to our family photo this year too! Jim's wife Jodi, and her two daughters Rachel and Emma joined us this year. We're all so happy to have them as part of our family!

Stay Warm!!!

No comments: