Monday, February 16, 2009

Week 16

I just realized today that I skipped putting up a post during week 15...I guess that's probably because nothing too exciting has been going on. It could also be because we've been having very nice weather (for Iowa) lately, so I'm spending more time outdoors with the dogs when I get the opportunity.

I've been feeling really good! Other than feeling fat instead of pregnant, all has been well! I'm not quite into maternity clothes yet...but I'm very close. Fortunately, I think I'll be able to wear many of my tops for a while. Pants are another story! I moved the buttons over on a couple pairs of my favorite pants, which has worked for a while. There aren't many stores that sell maternity clothes around here, so my plan is to go to OldNavy.com to order some maternity pants this week.

I don't have any new cravings so far. However, I did get my share of sweets over the weekend! Steve made me a caramel cake with chocolate frosting for my birthday on Friday, and then my friend Darci dropped off some fun cookies on Valentine's day. I've also been promising Steve that I'd make him some caramel corn since I didn't make any at Christmas, so I did that yesterday. I know that I need to watch my sugar intake...but it was a hard task over the weekend! It's time to get back on track! This week I will start heading back to the gym, which is something I've been missing! I hope to be able to work in 3 days/week on the treadmill/elliptical, and then 2 days of yoga at home. I've been told that if I keep up the exercise routine that labor & losing weight after will come easier for me. Sounds good to me!

One of the things Steve and I have been working on at home is trying to figure out what to do with the baby room. We think we have the bedding picked out, so now we have to figure out how we're going to paint the room. Once we make a final decision, I'll post pictures on the blog! My goal is to get the painting completed during Spring Break, when I have time off from work. After that is done, we'll be able to buy the baby furniture...which will make it even more real!

This Thursday is our next appointment. I don't think it will be anything new - but we will get to hear the heartbeat again, which is always exciting and emotional! I'm not scheduled for an ultrasound - that will come in March. We should be able to tell the sex of the baby then...which is what everyone seems to be waiting for! :-)

Overall, it's still surreal to me that there is a baby growing inside! I do look forward to finding out what we are having...but I think I'm more excited to feel the first flutter or kick. I think that will make it all seem more real to me.

2 comments:

The Currys said...

Should you be painting? I thought the fumes were not good for you and the baby.

Kim said...

OH - Did I say I was going to be painting??? Ha! I meant STEVE will be painting...Actually, I've been told both that it's' OK b/c today's paints are less toxic, but then I've also been told it's not OK. I plan to ask my doctor @ Thursday's appointment. I also have an old armoire that dad had put together for me long ago that needs to be painted. So if it's nice I'll do that outside.