Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What's in a Name?

So you all know we're having a baby. You all know we're having a boy. So naturally we should tell you all what the baby's name will be, right? Well...no. We do have a name picked out - in fact, it's been at the top of our "boy list" for many years. But we've decided to keep the name to ourselves until the day he arrives.

This seems to have caused some grumblings amongst our family and friends. My response is often received by others in many different ways. Some seem offended that I don't want to tell them. Others have decided that we need assistance with coming up with the "right" name.

Some suggestions that we heard as we celebrated Easter with family over the weekend include:
Bill Self Jackson (a nod to the KU head basketball coach)
Bob Jackson (baby's cousin Rachel's suggestion)
L.J. Jackson (aka Little Jim - after Steve's brother Jim)
William Jackson (which Steve's brother Billy thought would be the "perfect" name)

Though it was fun to hear the suggested names, I'm pretty confident in our choice. Hopefully you will all agree when the day comes for the big announcement!

4 comments:

The Currys said...

Hey, don't throw me in that pool, the longer it is until I know your boy's name the more excuse I have for not finishing the picture. HAHA! Just one thing - if you have come up with "Jack Jackson" I am sorry to say I would have to be on your son's side when he asks you why you did that to him.

Kim said...

No worries there! Ha!

Fitz 5 Mom said...

What about Jackson Jackson? Or you could spell it Jaxson Jackson. :)

Kim said...

You both have had some tempting suggestions...but I think we'll pass. :) Marsha - I'd be interested to hear what your girls come up with for a name! I recall hearing about some interesting suggestions that Maddie had for her baby brother??