Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Consignment Finds

I've never been much of a consignment or garage-sale shopper. But everyone keeps telling me about the great finds they come across at various shops. So last Friday my friend Darci & I ventured out to a couple of garage sales over our lunch break. It wasn't a very successful adventure, but I think we're both excited to head out again on Friday lunch breaks to come!

On Saturday, Steve and I traveled 45 minutes south to Boone, Iowa, where my cousin Stacy & her 3 girls live. Her middle daughter, Chloe, had a softball game, so we stopped by to watch. It was a fun morning, even though it was drizzly & cold! We also got to see my Aunt Ruth & Uncle Jay, who were also there for the weekend. (Please send out prayers to my Aunt Ruth who subsequently tumbled & broke her leg Saturday evening.)

After the ballgame, we headed east to Ames to complete our WalMart baby registry. I think even Steve will admit that we had fun putting it together. He was most excited about the farm-related toys I think!

On our way out of town, we stopped by one of the consignment shops that my friends have raved about. It turned out to be a successful stop! I found a few maternity items for myself...

...and lots of fun things for baby that look like new(including the cute little cowboy overalls that we both eyed as soon as we entered the store!)

I think I've been converted, and can't wait to search for more bargain treasures!

2 comments:

Kyle and Darci said...

how fun!! looks like you got some really cute finds!!! :) Hopefully we'll have good luck this summer! :)

davevb said...

I think I know-ow, I think I know-ow!!!

I may be wrong but,

I think I know-ow.