Monday, May 11, 2009

PBR Weekend

This past weekend, I got out of town again. This time I took my hubby with me! We spent the weekend in Des Moines to do some shopping and attend the second round of the Professional Bull Riding (PBR) event. We were smart this year and booked a room in the hotel that is next door to the arena. No crazy traffic coming or going for us - which was great! Following is a pre-event self-picture, and a few pix from the opening of the event:





As I mentioned above, we also did some shopping around Des Moines on Saturday and Sunday. We stopped a few places, looking for baby's crib. We actually found what we were looking for at our first stop, but decided to continue looking, which warranted another trip to Babies R Us! We came out of the store with a diaper bag that Steve determined is "manly" enough for him to carry. :-) After an early dinner at a Des Moines steakhouse, we headed to our hotel & rested before the big PBR event. After sleeping in on Sunday, we stopped by Homemaker's in Des Moines to order our crib. It will take 4-6 weeks to get in, so hopefully we'll have it put together by the time mom & my family arrive in July!
(BTW Dave - we found a glider too!)

1 comment:

davevb said...

I've got $200.00 for it.