Thursday, May 14, 2009

Signs of Spring in Iowa

Tonight as I was outside with the dogs, I was hit by the scent of spring. The lilac bushes that are planted along our back fence filled the air with their floral scent. It was fantastic!


Today I had another monthly checkup. All seems to be well. Baby's heart rate was in the 150's, which is normal, and we're both growing like we should be! While my doctor had the fetal monitor pressed against my belly to get the heartbeat, baby was kicking in the same spot. It sounded like a loud crack on the monitor! He's a good little kicker! He will sometimes follow my hand with kicks(or punches)as I press on my belly in different spots, which is neat.
After the checkup I did my glucose test. I had to drink 8 oz. of a very sweet, lemon-lime flavored, sugary mixture. After I drank it down, I waited an hour and they did a blood test. I should find out the results soon. I'm hoping all is as it should be. I start seeing my doctor every 2 weeks now, so my next appointment is the last week of May.





My goal for this weekend is to plant some bushes, maybe spirea, along the back fence (where Belle is sniffing), and then cover the area with cedar mulch. I'll post some pix when (if) we get it done!

1 comment:

The Currys said...

Hey I missed this posting. Billy wants to know if that list of potential projects comes with any benefits? Iowa chops, pecan pie (georgia style), Blue Bunny ice cream, and some of those cinnamon rolls.