Monday, May 11, 2009

KC Weekend

It has been a busy couple of weeks for me, so I apologize for not posting in a while!

As some of you know, I teach a Human Services online course at Iowa Central. I do love the class...however I'm never thrilled when the end of the semester is nearing. The way our courses are set up, students have up to 15 weeks to submit their work for me to grade. Unfortuantely, no matter how many emails I send, or phone calls I make, there are always a handful of students who like to wait until the very last minute to submit their work. This means that I am swamped with grading at the end of the term. So this is where a good amount of my time has gone after working hours!

I did get out of town a few weekends ago to see my mom & her friend Kathy in the Kansas City area. We did lots of shopping and laughed a lot - as we usually do. We also got to meet up with my brother Dave for dinner while we were there, so that's always great! On our shopping excursions, we picked out the fabric that mom will use to make baby's quilt, crib bedding and curtains. We also made a stop at what's becoming my favorite store: Babies R Us, where we picked up a stroller to add to the collection of baby items that Steve gets to start putting together. :-) Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend:
Kathy & Mom (No - they did not coordinate their outfits!):


Mom & Me (this was taken right before I left to head back to Iowa...TIRED!)


Overall it was a very fun weekend...but I was ready for a nap when I got back home to Iowa!

No comments: