Monday, June 15, 2009

Week 31 Appointment

I had my week 31 checkup last Thursday (6/11). All is well so far. I did report to my doctor about the sciatic nerve pain that seems to be getting worse. Some days it’s fine, and others it feels like pain shooting from my lower back through my right leg. Apparently there’s not much that can be done for it…other than encourage little guy to move over & get off that nerve!!  I also told him that I’ve been experiencing heavy pressure in my lower abdomen. The doc’s response was that I’m probably experiencing Braxton hicks contractions…to which I think I responded with a bewildered look. Contractions!?! He reassured me that as long as they are occasional, and do not occur less than 10 minutes apart, it is totally normal. Still, hearing the word is yet another part of pregnancy that makes it all seem more real! Baby will be here soon!
We heard the heartbeat, I was measured (I’m up to 32 cm), and, because of the pain & pressure, I was given strict instructions to stay away from strenuous activity – including the treadmill – and to rest as much as possible. That’s all until our next appointment on the 25th!

No comments: