Sunday, July 17, 2011

Reece - Days 5-7

Day 5: Family picture time...

Day 6:
Notice anything missing?
Reece was taken off of oxygen today. He continued to wear the pulse oximeter on his toe, which registered around 100% all day long.
Reece had some Daddy time!
This is TOTAL relaxation!
Day 7:
Today we received excellent news!!
Reece's fantastic nurse, Jenni, was able to take off all of the cords and monitors today! We also got to move Reece into my hospital room for the first time. No more middle-of-the-night trips to the nursery! Big Brother Garrett was right there to help Jenni move Reece down the hall to my room. He was a proud little helper!Mommy and Reece with no cords or monitors!
Tonight (Sunday) Reece will do a car seat test to make sure that his oxygen levels are maintained for the ride home.
In the morning (Monday), he have to be a brave little boy and endure his circumcision. After all Reece has been through this week, I'm sure he'll do fine.
As long as Reece's Monday morning checkup goes well, we should be on our way home sometime during the day on Monday!
Though it's been a long week in the hospital, we are blessed that Reece received the care and support of a loving staff of nurses who not only helped him, but also were a support system to me and Steve.
In coming days I won't have the "free" time that I've had to post to my blog while in the hospital...but I will try to continue with frequent updates about our boys to share with my readers!

2 comments:

The Currys said...

Congrats to everyone! Glad he was able to get into your arms without the tubes. Thanks for the pics I am at the office now and was thinking about a new wallpaper. :)

Kyle and Darci said...

Love the updates Kim and SO glad you guys get to go home!! Reece is a sweet & special lil guy!! :)